The BIRKENSTOCK Barbados is a sporty mule with a hexagon pattern and logo lettering. It’s perfect for anyone who is looking in particular for function and comfort. Modeled on the cork sandal, this sandal is made from especially light and flexible EVA. This high-quality, odor-neutral synthetic material which has been tested for harmful substances is shock-absorbent, waterproof, and skin-friendly. It’s therefore perfect for wearing at the beach, in the garden, or in wellness and spa areas.
- Anatomically shaped BIRKENSTOCK footbed made from EVA
- Upper/footbed lining/sole: a single piece of EVA
- Details: waterproof, washable, ultra lightweight
- “Made in Germany”
FITTING AND ADJUSTING TIPS
How to measure your foot length
- Stand with the heel to a wall and put a measuring tape under your feet
- Read off the measured foot length in millimeters before your longest toe
- If you are between two sizes, choose the next higher, because feet are minimally greater under load
You can also use our template:
Download the foot measurement template
Birkenstock products are offered in European sizes. Please reference our Size and Width conversion charts below to determine your SA/UK size.
Your feet should be able to move freely without your toes hitting the edge of the footbed.
Before trying them on, put one hand under the toe and one under the heel, then flex the footbed a few times. This will initiate the break in period and will your help your new sandals feel comfy sooner.
Open all straps and step into the footbed. Close the straps comfortably, leaving enough space to allow your feet the freedom of movement. Exhale and enjoy.
For the first five or six times you wear your new footwear, limit the time to just a few hours. This allows your feet and body to gradually get used to the contoured arch support as well as the straps and buckles.