The modern thong sandal from Birkenstock. The Gizeh is an iconic classic with signature support and a refined, minimalist style.
- Birko-Flor – durable, synthetic upper material with leather-like finish and soft backing
- Contoured cork footbed conforms to the shape of your foot and features pronounced arch support, a deep heel cup, and roomy toe box; lined with suede
- Lightweight EVA sole for cushioning and shock absorption
- Avoid extreme heat
- Heel shape: flat
- “Made in Germany”
Birko-Flor is made of easy-to-care-for and hygienic PVC, which has been lined on the inside with a soft, breathable layer of fleece. This high-quality material is very gentle on the skin, and it’s comfortable while also being very durable.
Insole: Natural leather
Natural leather can be recognized by its untreated surface. BIRKENSTOCK purposely does not treat surface grains and other characteristic features. BIRKENSTOCK uses sturdy leather with a thickness of 2.8 to 3.2 millimeters as upper material.
Footbed material: Cork
Cork is a sustainable material extracted from the bark layer of the cork oak. This natural product is insulating and offers very good cushioning.
EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) is a high-quality, very light, elastic material with extremely good cushioning. As a result, it smooths out slight irregularities in the floor and ensures that every step is softly cushioned.
FITTING AND ADJUSTING TIPS
How to measure your foot length
- Stand with the heel to a wall and put a measuring tape under your feet
- Read off the measured foot length in millimeters before your longest toe
- If you are between two sizes, choose the next higher, because feet are minimally greater under load
You can also use our template:
Download the foot measurement template
Birkenstock products are offered in European sizes. Please reference our Size and Width conversion charts below to determine your SA/UK size.
Your feet should be able to move freely without your toes hitting the edge of the footbed.
Before trying them on, put one hand under the toe and one under the heel, then flex the footbed a few times. This will initiate the break in period and will your help your new sandals feel comfy sooner.
Open all straps and step into the footbed. Close the straps comfortably, leaving enough space to allow your feet the freedom of movement. Exhale and enjoy.
For the first five or six times you wear your new footwear, limit the time to just a few hours. This allows your feet and body to gradually get used to the contoured arch support as well as the straps and buckles.